Saturday 22 February 2014

THE SPARK OF LOVE!!!

That day was pure bliss when our hearts met and our eyes exchanged love, in the presence of God at that Holy Church. I felt asif everything has fallen to place. It was quite a site to watch you among those lighted candles. You seemed even brighter or rather your smile made even the candles look dim. You were so serene and pure than the flowers which surrounded. You were no less than an angel.  As we walked along the aisle I could feel our figures brushing gently. I could decipher that shyness in your eyes and I could tell that you were the most beautiful girl on earth or you never belonged to earth, you seemed heavenly, you were celestial. When we sat on that church bench I couldn't take my eyes off you, while your eyes were struggling to meet mine. I felt as a lone admirer in an art gallery, as I was staring at you asif you were a Victorian painting. Your eyes were like dew drops on rose petals.  Our first day of love…
Ohh that night. That was the most beautiful night of all my years on earth. Listening to your sweet musings over the cell phone while looking at the stars in the sky, I felt asif I was God.  Your voice was like silk, soft and smooth.  I felt asif some one was pouring honey into my ears. Slowly I drifted off to sleep knowing that I had the most beautiful girl as mine.
The sun was kind to me from the very next morning, as the rays gently touched my face. I had a smile on my face. I wondered, whether boys blushed?  May be they did.. but I never knew until this day. You were pure magic.
Love blossomed over months. But.. I slowly lost track.. You were so passionate, but I found the same passion which once overwhelmed me, as nuisance. Love became a burden.  Your smile vanished,  and tears took place instead. The sun was full upon. But the heat I radiated burned you more. You were reduced to ashes. Sweet musings gave way to your begging, which my ears refused to listen.  My eyes were like burning sun and it felt your site unbearable. But the reason was unknown. On that fatal day, I broke your pretty little heart. You were speech less. You were shivering and tears started flowing. I said goodbye. Now you stood there gazing at me endlessly while my eyes refused to meet yours.  You did not seem celestial, rather an alien trapped in this planet. I walked away with ease. The rose in your hands fell on the dry earth while your tears watered them. As I walked away I could hear you say in a low tone, with air gushing out of your mouth,  with a choke  you still managed to say  those parting words‘Happy Valentine’s day my love’..


After so many years, I met you today,at the very same church  which was the sole witness to our first gestures of love. I felt as if 30 long years had no effect on you. You still had that girlish charm. Your eyes still looked pure as dew drops; your smile illuminated the entire place. Eagerly i gazed at your fingers to find a wedding ring, but they were nude.  I wished you raised your eyes and looked into mine. I knew they would bow with shame. All these years I could never forgive myself. Guilt and regret started creeping into me.  I knew there was no escape from punishment for what I did to you. My eyes were moistened. Everything around me slowly blurred. As I regained my sight, I saw you looking my way,  and our eyes met and there was a spark.

1 comment: